About the job
There are lots of great things about working for an ethical beauty company; the feeling of doing something good for the planet whilst wearing the best colors is a great start, but working at Kester Black means you’re part of a team that loves beauty as much as doing the right thing.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Social Media Manager that will be responsible for Kester Black’s social strategy & rollout. This includes creating and implementing a social media strategy that meets our business objectives, content creation, progress tracking, and ultimately drives reach, traffic and sales.
Our key channel currently is Instagram and want to increase our focus on TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Lead engagement on new and existing channels like our Facebook group, community outreach, Instagram and TikTok
- Content planning, creation and publishing across all channels. Aka: You need to be a creative that’s good with content sourcing and copywriting, as well as strategy and management
- Coordinate with content creators on social to produce content for our channels (within budget)
- Constant evaluation of the social media landscape, experiment with new ideas and propose new channels and major initiatives
- Meet agreed engagement, growth and conversion targets on all organic content
- Work closely with the wider brand team to align all partnership and influencer efforts, ensuring that all content is amplified as much as possible
- Take learnings to the wider team to ensure effectiveness across all channels
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Performance Team to ensure organic and paid channels tell a cohesive story
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on all key metrics
- Respond to comments and DMs in a quick and on brand manner
- Rapidly share feedback from community on major issues or opportunities for the team to respond to quickly
- Experience in organic content creation and a knack for on brand, witty content
- Proven ability to grow engagement and conversion
- Always seeking ways the business (and yourself) can improve - valuing feedback, new ideas and constant optimisation
It would be nice to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in social media for consumer brands
- Knowledge. You’re up to date with everything that’s happening in the social world and know how to apply that knowledge practically
- Have a good gut feel about what’s going to land or bomb in social, we can’t be a brand that acts out of sync with our community
- Experience managing campaigns across multiple social channels including Instagram, Instagram stories, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest
- Experience with beauty, fashion or lifestyle brands preferable
- Great communication and self management skills
- An aptitude for problem solving and strategy led results
- Creative ideas and solutions
- A positive, get-it-done attitude, and energetic presence
- A good sense of humour
What’s life like at Kester Black?
We’re a small and nimble team focused on learning, optimising and action without sacrificing quality or experience for customers.
Everyone is expected to take responsibility, deliver and raise any concerns or blockers they have. We are high performance in our products and in the way we work.
We work closely together as we’re a small team - spread across a few locations - so collaborate and connect using digital tools. We are fully aware of balance in life, connecting with nature and making time for yourself, but are fully aware that sometimes we have to work a little bit more - for a major launch or campaign - but we always make up for it with rest.
Learning happens at Kester Black daily, with new strategies, ideas and experience coming from various sources. Once we’ve nailed something and got a rhythm, we’ll be looking for ways to improve or do something completely new - this pushes all of us to learn. If specific training or knowledge is required we will invest in external training or bring in a consultant or coach who can level us up quickly.
Send a short video (max 3 minutes) where you directly talk to us so we can get to know you, why you think beauty needs to be changed and what about Kester Black do you love? Be creative or low-fi, whatever you think helps us get to know you best. (Please include your name and email address in the message so we can clearly connect it to your application, and send it within 4 hrs of applying.)
What’s the deal?
- This role is full-time and based in Melbourne
- We mostly work remote but will cowork regularly at our Melbourne office
- The salary range $60-90k based on expertise and capability you bring
Applications close: 17th November 2021
Please apply using our typeform here: