About the job
There are lots of great things about working for an ethical beauty company; the feeling of doing something good for the planet whilst wearing the best colours is a great start, but working at Kester Black means you’re part of a team that loves beauty as much as doing the right thing.
The Content Creator and in-house Brand Ambassador is a storyteller and ideas person who has strong experience in creating engaging content for online channels. They are responsible for shooting, producing and editing social media videos and static content that inspires, entertains and educates our audience in a fun and dynamic style. They have a passion for all things beauty & wellness and will be able to create original ideas that harness the Kester Black personality.
Our key channels are currently Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Content creation
Videos for TikTok, Reels and Stories(in the form of make up and nail polish application)
Graphic Posts (in InDesign) for both story and feed(product photography and inspirational content)
- Photography to supplement major campaign shoots
- Education & infographic style content
- Staying on top of beauty, skin care and culture trends
- Pitch and implement original ideas
- Constantly identifying and staying up-to-date with new trends and viral campaigns, reacting quickly
- Create content from concept to delivery that aligns with key marketing strategies and brief objectives
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure organic and paid channels tell a cohesive story, aligning partnership and influencer efforts to amplify impact as much as possible
- Constant evaluation of the social media landscape, experiment with new ideas and propose new channels and major initiatives
- Confident being in front of the camera and applying nail polish, lipstick, eyeliner and skincare
- InDesign, photography, video creation and editing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in agency or marketing role developing on brand, witty content
- Portfolio of content work samples demonstrating strong conceptual, craft and written skills
- Strong storyteller capable of creating compelling narratives for a variety of channels
- Strong understanding of channels and content best practices
- Always seeking and open to ways the business (and yourself) can improve - valuing feedback, new ideas and constant optimisation
- Feel in line with our core company values: integrity, accountability, creativity, quality and teamwork
- Great communication and self management skills, along with excellent attention to detail and a high level of initiative
- A positive, get-it-done attitude, and energetic presence
- Have the ability to work both autonomously and within a close team environment
- Have a creative and collaborative mindset.
It would be nice to have:
- Experience with beauty, fashion or lifestyle brands preferable
- An aptitude for problem solving and strategy led results
- Excellent written skills, including short/long form copy, editing and proof-reading
- A good sense of humour
What’s life like at Kester Black?
We’re a small and nimble team focused on learning, optimising and action without sacrificing quality or experience for customers.
Everyone is expected to take responsibility, deliver and raise any concerns or blockers they have. We are high performance in our products and in the way we work.
We work closely together as we’re a small team - spread across a few locations - so collaborate and connect using digital tools. We are fully aware of balance in life, connecting with nature and making time for ourselves, but sometimes we have to work a little bit more - for a major launch or campaign - but we always make up for it with rest.
Learning happens at Kester Black daily, with new strategies, ideas and experience coming from various sources. Once we’ve nailed something and got a rhythm, we’ll be looking for ways to improve or do something completely new - this pushes all of us to learn. If specific training or knowledge is required we will invest in external training or bring in a consultant or coach who can level us up quickly.
What’s the deal?
- This role is as a full time position and can be undertaken remotely
- The salary is based on expertise and capability you bring
Please apply using our typeform here:
Applications close: 7th October 2022